Larson Texts, Inc., and its subsidiary Big Ideas Learning LLC, produces student-friendly, market-leading math textbooks that are used by over five million students each year. For almost 40 years, Larson Texts has been deeply committed to providing innovative and coherent print and digital materials to the education community. We create educational materials for students and teachers that foster a deep understanding of and appreciation for mathematics.
Big Ideas Learning is looking for a highly motivated individual with extensive knowledge in the field of event coordination to join the Marketing team.
- Responsible for managing and participating in tradeshows, conferences, workshops and annual sales meetings. (30% travel)
- Coordinate logistics for events including but not limited to tradeshow booths, marketing collateral, promotional items, food and beverage service, internet, and electricity.
- Develop and manage the annual budget and monthly projections under the supervision of Director of Strategic Marketing.
- Submit and manage trade show presenter proposals and advertising.
- Use Salesforce.com to manage leads and customer information.
- Professionally represent and promote Big Ideas Learning and its products at events.
- 3-5 years experience managing trade shows, meetings, and/or events in a professional environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or related field.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate effectively with both vendors and customers.
- Experience working with financial budgets.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
This is a full-time position located in Erie, PA. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm. Larson Texts offers many benefits including health insurance, personal time off, 401k, tuition reimbursement, health club reimbursement, a casual and modern work environment, free parking, and coffee.
Please submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com.