Larson Texts, Inc., and its subsidiary Big Ideas Learning LLC, produces student-friendly, market-leading math textbooks that are used by over five million students each year. For almost 40 years, Larson Texts has been deeply committed to providing innovative and coherent print and digital materials to the education community. We create educational materials for students and teachers that foster a deep understanding of and appreciation for mathematics.
Larson Texts is seeking a highly motivated individual to serve as a Math Curriculum Coordinator.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Provide feedback on all elementary and secondary content
- Communicate content goals and philosophy to Marketing and Sales staff
- Support state adoption process and coordinate state content configurations
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Advocate customer/sales needs in all aspects of product development
- Read, evaluate, and provide feedback on all content prior to publication approval
- Maintain fluency with all Big Ideas Learning content and program philosophy
- Visit classrooms and state hearings
- Accompany educational consultants to sales presentations
- Attend and/or present at sales meetings
- Work with Marketing liaison to communicate information with Marketing and Sales staff
- Assist in state adoption processes and meetings; coordinate state content configurations
- Work with Marketing staff to develop front matter content
- Coordinate content research and advisory groups
- Attend professional conferences
- Stay informed regarding developments in the mathematical community
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Mathematics Education
- Minimum 5 years of classroom experience
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Autonomous, independent person
- Conceptual and analytical thinker who can translate needs of the field into product requirements
- Must be willing to travel; approximately 20%
This is a full-time position located in Erie, PA. Larson Texts offers many benefits including health insurance, personal time off, 401k, tuition reimbursement, health club reimbursement, a casual and modern work environment, free parking, and coffee.
Please submit resume, cover letter, and transcripts to email@example.com.