Larson Texts, Inc., and its subsidiary Big Ideas Learning LLC, produces student-friendly, market-leading math textbooks that are used by over five million students each year. For almost 40 years, Larson Texts has been deeply committed to providing innovative and coherent print and digital materials to the education community. We create educational materials for students and teachers that foster a deep understanding of and appreciation for mathematics.
Big Ideas Learning is looking for a highly motivated individual with extensive knowledge in the fields of social media, emerging technology and digital marketing to join the Marketing team. The Social Media Specialist will be responsible for managing all social media content.
- Work with Director of Strategic Marketing to develop and execute yearly K-12 Social Media Marketing Plans
- Create and publish relevant, original, and high-quality content daily to increase Social Media presence for Big Ideas Learning and Larson Texts
- Daily monitoring of social media ad campaigns and optimizing for performance
- Daily postings on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and frequent postings on other channels
- Stay current on important social channel, trends, updates and changes which may affect program execution
- Partner with multiple internal and external partners to bring many facets of the brand’s social presence to life, including occasional live events.
- Monitor social engagement and KPI’s, develop monthly Social Media reports, maintain Social Media budget and use SFDC daily to track and organize job duties.
- Up to 25% travel
- Minimum of 2 years of Social Media campaign management and development
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications or related field
- Passion for social media, emerging technology and digital marketing
- Strong knowledge of social media channels: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, YouTube, Pinterest, SnapChat, and emerging social media platforms
- Strong knowledge of social media measurement and analytics tools
- Experience running paid social media campaigns
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Excellent writing skills, with an eye for proof reading and grammar.
- Creative, imaginative person with energy and drive.
This is a full-time position located in Erie, PA. Larson Texts offers many benefits including health insurance, personal time off, 401k, tuition reimbursement, health club reimbursement, a casual and modern work environment, free parking, and coffee.
Please submit resume, cover letter, and links to or examples of a social media campaign you have developed to firstname.lastname@example.org.