Larson Texts, Inc., and its subsidiary Big Ideas Learning LLC, produces student-friendly, market-leading math textbooks that are used by over five million students each year. For almost 40 years, Larson Texts has been deeply committed to providing innovative and coherent print and digital materials to the education community. We create educational materials for students and teachers that foster a deep understanding of and appreciation for mathematics.
Larson Texts is seeking a highly motivated and experienced Educational Technology Product Manager to join our technology team in Erie, Pa. This position works with department leaders to shape and execute the vision for all digital products, ensuring they meet pedagogical, technical, and sales requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare focus groups to gain understanding of customer needs.
- Research competitive digital products and educational technology trends.
- Gather product input and ideas from current customers, sales teams, and advisory groups.
- Propose digital product ideas and suggest improvements to current products.
- Work with internal stakeholders to define digital products and features.
- Prepare scope documents detailing the goals, objectives, and requirements of digital products and features.
- Oversee digital products through development and implementation to ensure specifications are met and products work well.
- Track decisions and document requests, scope changes, and feature enhancements throughout the lifespan of the product.
- Work with technology team to ensure feasibility of proposed digital products.
- Create and test user prototypes of digital products.
- Work with editorial teams to ensure digital learning content meets pedagogical standards and employs sound instructional design.
- Schedule and lead meetings with internal stakeholders and external partners.
- Research and recommend potential product partners or vendors.
- Effectively communicate product specifications and feedback to vendors.
- Provide thoughtful, thorough reports and recommendations to the Vice President of Technology.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in educational technology, learning design, or product design and 3-5 years developing digital products for students and/or teachers.
- Experience in education technology required, K-12 preferred.
- Knowledge of education theory, learning design, and/or best practices in digital instruction preferred.
- Possesses exceptional listening, writing, and presentation skills.
- Resourceful and motivated to ask questions and solve problems.
- Manages time effectively.
- Demonstrates commitment to product success with integrity, strong work ethic, professionalism, and a team-oriented attitude.
The job is located in Erie, PA.
Larson Texts offers many benefits including competitive compensation, personal time off (PTO), health insurance, flexible spending accounts, profit share, matching 401k, life insurance, health club reimbursement, a casual and modern work environment, free parking, and coffee.
Please submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com