Larson Texts, Inc., and its subsidiary Big Ideas Learning LLC, produces student-friendly, market-leading math textbooks that are used by over five million students each year. For almost 40 years, Larson Texts has been deeply committed to providing innovative and coherent print and digital materials to the education community. We create educational materials for students and teachers that foster a deep understanding of and appreciation for mathematics.
Larson Texts is seeking a highly-motivated individual to manage projects for our elementary and secondary content development teams.
- Lead the design, planning, and implementation of projects from beginning to end
- Coordinate internal resources and contractors for the implementation of projects
- Collaborate with Content Development team to define project scope, goals, deliverables, timeline, staffing, and budget
- Create, maintain, and monitor project schedules
- Assist Department Heads with monthly budgets and projections
- Forecast potential issues and work with team to resolve such issues
- Report regularly to Editorial Director and Executive Team on project milestones and risks
- Work with Editorial Director to secure and manage contractor resources
- Work with other departments (Production / Technology) as necessary
- Hold regular internal status meetings
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
Qualifications and Additional Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in management, business, or related field; certification or master’s degree in project management preferred
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to think strategically, conceptually, and creatively to solve problems
- Well organized, detail oriented, highly analytical, and have strong problem-solving skills
- Highly motivated and organized with the ability to multitask, prioritize, and adapt in a deadline-oriented environment
Larson Texts offers many benefits including competitive compensation, personal time off (PTO), health insurance, flexible spending accounts, profit share, matching 401k, life insurance, health club reimbursement, a casual and modern work environment, free parking, and coffee.
Please submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com.